Neodymium Bar Magnet
Sold indivdually. While most magnets will work in use with magnetic nail polish a strong neodymium magnet is recommend for a clean, tight line.
How to use this bar magnet with magnetic nail polish
- Prep nails with your favorite base coat.
- Apply 1 coat of Magnetic nail polish to all nails and let dry.
- Apply a second thick coat of magnetic polish on only one nail. Polish should be thick but not dripping.
- Immediately after applying the second coat hold the magnet 1/4th inch away from nail at a diagonal angle for magnetic design to go across the nail as pictured. Hold magnet for 20-30 seconds. Keep in mind the longer and closer you hold the magnet over your nail the stronger and clearer the design will be).
- Repeat with third coat if desired, holding the magnet over this coat as you did with the previous.
- Finish with your favorite top coat and again hold the magnet over the polish for 20-30 seconds after applying top coat.
- As the polish dries the design will spread out slightly. Again, the longer you hold the magnet in the previous steps the less it will spread.
Photo credit to Kimberley Instagram